- Applicants for Won Buddhism of Chicago (WBC) Scholarships must attend schools located in Illinois. Students will be evaluated on the basis of criteria, including academic achievements (through grades, honors, and awards), research paper, extracurricular school activities, financial need, leadership, and community involvements for betterment of society.
- To be eligible for consideration for a scholarship, the student must be expected to graduate with an overall high school unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher in 2021.
- Each Scholarship Application must include a complete application form and a copy of official high school transcripts (from 9th Grade through present), including SAT or ACT scores.
- Scholarship winners will be announced no later than April 17, 2021. At that time, each scholarship awardee must email one digital photo to Won Buddhism of Chicago to be used in a press release to local newspapers, along with a short video clip that is played at the virtual award ceremony on Sunday, April 25, 2021 between 10:00AM and 1:00PM
- The application deadline is Saturday, April 6, 2021. The application MUST be post-marked on or before April 6, 2021 or delivered in person or electronically submitted by 5PM, April 6, 2021.
- The Application form can be downloaded from http://www.wonbuddhismchicago.org or send a request email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants must sign and date the Certification of Accuracy and Release of Information Waiver, found below:
In addition to the information requested in the online application, applicants will need to upload with the application:
a. Release of Information Waiver and Certification of Accuracy (Signed and scanned as PDF)
b. Official high school transcripts, 9th grade through present (Scanned and uploaded as a PDF)
c. SAT or ACT score: Screenshots are acceptable. Confirmation from counselor or school could be requested.
d. Personal Statements
– Tell us about yourself
– Resume: Summary of education history, honors, activities, and work experience if applicable
– Brief description of your involvements in (1) high school activities and (2) community volunteer experience.
f. A brief research paper on the topic “ENVIRONMENT AND ISSUES“. 500 to 800 words in Font size 12. (Upload as PDF in online application)
Apply by Mail
If applying by mail, you do not have to submit the online application and vice versa.